Thursday, April 19, 2012

Back to reality...but first a mini vacation

8 weeks goes by fast when your in the thick of raising a 3 yr old and taking care of a newborn. I'm heading back to reality and off to work. We got to take a mini vacation last weekend, which was perfect timing with the weather warming up! Keith had a gig Friday night in Dewey Beach, DE (about 10 mins from Rehoboth Beach) and so we decided to make a weekend out of it. It was like our last Hoorah of our time together.

We couldn't have asked or a more perfect weekend in April. The weather was amazing- sunny and warm temps. Both kids slept great in the hotel, at least one meal a day at Dogfish Head Brewery (Keith and I love their food and the beer isn't bad either- LOL) and some amazing family time.


The hotel we stayed in was so nice and was modeled after the Victorian time period (I think my mother in law would absolutely love it there and might not want to leave). It was right on the boardwalk and they had an indoor pool. We took Aiden swimming and he was absolutely amazing. Fearless this year, which could be good and bad. He has a vest he wears that is like floaties. This year he learned to keep himself afloat without capsizing- LOL. He was swimming around without holding on to us, jumping in, going under without any fears...or tears. I love it and I'm a bit nervous- LOL.

All in all it was a perfect weekend and a perfect way to end my maternity leave as sadly I go back tomorrow. I love my job, but I love my kids too and will miss being home with them each day terribly (even it was trying at times).


                                                                  Our Family of 4
                                         
                                        Daydreaming about building sand castles on the beach
                 
                                                            This kid loves the beach and ocean!
                                                           
                                                     Me and my baby boy hanging out
                                                 
                                                  My boys- they bring me such joy

                                            Fun with Daddy- Keith loves to put pants on the boys' heads!

No comments: