Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer changes everything

Well here we are in the official days of summer. This summer is bitter sweet for us, as I feel like everything changes after this year. JP will have his surgery in little over a month and while I'm nervous about it, I'm trying to enjoy every minute of summer till then.  In recent years I feel like Summer goes quickly, but this year I'm sure will go in lightening speed.

I'm so excited that in the next few weeks we'll have  some time away from "life" and spent down the shore. This weekend we head to NJ with our good friends the Lovings. They're always so gracious to open their shore home to use and I'm so excited to get away with them and watch our boys play together. They have a son, who's a little older then JP, and Aiden absolutely adores him. So no matter what we do, I know it will be a fun time to relax and forget about life.
And we're looking forward to our week away to OBX which is right around the corner, as we leave on July 6th. We can't wait to spend a week away from "reality" and hang out with our good friends. It's always a good time!  

But once we're back I  feel like we'll be staring down to JPs surgery...of course we'll have a few weeks before this happens, but i know it  won't feel like that. 

James Right

When I start to think and reflect on this summer, I feel like everything changes and here's why....
1- come August/surgery-the leg JP was born with will be different/changed, while for the better it will still be strange as we've come to love the "little leg" that is "bent" and has a foot position outward.
2- It's the beginning of JPs journey towards lengthening/correcting his birth defect and our "new reality".
3- JP's birth defect will begin to "effect" my sweet Aiden, who's  already trying to compete with his brother for our attention all the time  now that JP talks and is active.



So we ask for your prayers for our family that we get to enjoy our vacations and time with some amazing and supportive friends! But also we ask for  help to prepare us for JP's surgery. We ask that you pray for our adjustment to this reality, while for the best for JP, it will have us encounter some struggles and tough times with each surgery  he has to go through in his childhood,while kids his age get to enjoy "normal" life.


No comments: