Sunday, March 26, 2017

No more baby 😕

It's been over a month, but my "baby" turned 5 on February 23rd and I've had a hard time accepting it.
 
We started his day off with presents and "birthday" pancakes!
 
 

He claimed it was the "best day ever!" . Keith and I took off to spend the day with him on his last bday not in school. We took him to the Franklin Institute to see the Jurrasic World exhibit (aka the Dino Museum) which he loved! He soaked it all in and was beyond excited and couldn't wait to see what was beyond each turn.
 

  

After we made it through the exhibit, we hit other parts of the museum he never got to explore before, as he was a baby when we took his brother. It was fun watching him expand his mind.
 

  

We also allowed him to pick one last present, which he has treasured since... his Dino "Rexie".
 

After a fun day celebrating, he got to spend the next day honoring his birthday with his classmates having brownies and donuts for snack. Then that weekend JP got to celebrate with his grandparents, cousins, and aunts &uncles, which he couldn't wait for! He loved playing with them, opening the presents, and of course the big sing along and blowing out the candles!
 
   

So I think we can say this birthday was the "best!" I am struggling to be okay that my Baby is turning Five. As everything he does is the last for us, which is so hard for this Momma, but this kid also has taught us so much on strength, endurance, and perseverance.
 
I know there is so many exciting things for this kid to come, but  I'm just gonna take it a day at time!

No comments: