Friday, September 13, 2013

Watch out PreK here comes Aiden

Here we are in the second week of September already- and Aiden starts his 2nd year of Pre- School. This year he is in a 3 day Pre-K class, so the focus is to make sure he's emotionally and mentally ready for Kindergarten next year.

This a bitter sweet year- one because I watch a few of my friends who I was pregnant with, watch their kids go off to Kindergarten. I have so much joy for these Mommas, but at the same time, so glad I have just one more year before my baby heads into the "real world". It pays to have a baby with a late birthday!

I know Preschool will be amazing for him this year, while from a learning perspective he's already ahead- knowing his letters and numbers and sounds of what letter make- Aiden will love making new friends, but also love being in a class with his cousin Rob (not to mention a few of his old friends from last year),  and the opportunity to learn again.
Cousin Rob- and his friends Grace & Henry from last year

I'm already amazed of what a great kid he's becoming and I'm sure he'll continue to amaze me this year, next year, and into the future. This Momma is having a hard time letting go already! Knowing Aiden will be heading to Kindergarten next year and it will go fast and the rest of his time in school will be fleeting is so difficult, but isn't that a part of parenting? Letting go and allowing your baby to grow, learn, trust others, and become an amazing human being is just way to bitter sweet!

No comments: