Friday, September 19, 2014

How your heart breaks as a parent

Every parent in the world knows you are going to faces some kind of heart break. Whether your kids are older or younger, I feel as a parent your heart break will never gets easier too, no matter how old or how sick or how much in need your child is.


Sadly Keith and I have watched and sat and wondered about the status of both of our kids a few times now. I hope as a parent, if you have to have heart break at all, it's only on one of your kids, not all of your kids. Keith and I know what it is to watch both of  your kid cry out for you....
We know what it is like to watch a monitor... pray the results are good..good enough to get you discharge. We also know what it Is  like to pray your kid isn't in pain, your kid can have a"normal" life. And as a parent it hurts.


Sadly since 2012, we have had multiple hospital experiences. So many more then I dreamt of, even after learning about JP.

We seem to have a hospital visit once a year with our kids ever since Jonathan was born. Back in 2012 I blogged about Aiden's experiences with asthma and in 2013, I talked about JPs surgery. In 2014, I'm back to Aiden. This time it might be the Enterovirus. While we aren't sure if  that's what it is, I do believe some form of this new germ is effecting him.

We won't know for a few days exactly what Aiden was suffering from, but we do know his allergies and his asthma was in high gear. He was struggling to breath Weds am, while nothing new to us at  this point, it's still scary. Watching the pulse-  praying it'll go up, watching your kid have trouble breathing, and hoping he will adjust, well it is scary.

We had to spend 2 nights in the Hospital with Aiden this time. Hoping,  praying, and watching Aiden's oxygen and breathing and chanting "go up"! Luckily as of yesterday he was feeling himself and today he could go home.

We won't know if that Enterovirus was exactly to blame till early next week, he's still in recovery and the  experience was still scary as a Mom.

This whole experience of course has me questioning... wondering what did I do wrong? Why do both my kids struggle?  How can I make it better?



While I know the answer is nothing concreate and realize I still have to go with the flow. This  doesn't make it any easier as a parent.




No comments: